Cape Cod is popular for its cruises, historic sites, and lighthouses. Its weather is mild all year round, which is also the reason why Cape Cod is one of the most visited places in Massachusetts.
The Cape Cod Bay is blessed not only with a bountiful sea but also a peaceful coastline, making it one of the earliest settlements in Massachusetts. This gives the area a historic feel to it, and at the same time, makes Cape Cod well-maintained and very lively. That is why preparing a list of your own “Things to Do in Cape Cod” is important since there is a lot that of places and things here that you can enjoy.
One of possibly the best sights that you can see in your travel life would be to visit at least one of the many Cape Cod lighthouses.
- Nobska Lighthouse. This is the most reviewed and rated lighthouse in Massachusetts and it can be found in Woods Hole. The white color of the lighthouse is a nice contrast to the blue skies. To date, Nobska Lighthouse is still very well-maintained by local groups.
- Chatham Lighthouse. This is the place to be for those who want to meander around the vast open space in a reflective mood. It offers a wonderful view of fishing boats or even luxury cruise ships in the ocean. If you are lucky, you can even spot some seals. The beach near the lighthouse is also a wonderful attraction.
- Nauset Lighthouse. For those who are looking for the classic, visiting the Nauset Lighthouse should be on your itinerary. The panoramic view that is overlooking the cliffs is wonderful to see and is absolutely breathtaking. Because of its age and history, the surroundings are very well kept. Parking is easy to get and the beach is clean as well.
What to Visit
Lighthouses are not the only attraction in this beautiful place. There are still more a lot of things to do in Cape Cod and below are two of the best Cape Cod attractions.
- Cape Cod Rail Trail. For those who enjoy being close to nature, a horseback riding experience at the Cape Cod Rail Trail would be a wonderful choice. This spans around 22 miles and the trail itself is paved all throughout. Some of the wonderful ponds in Cape Cod can only be accessed by this beautiful trail. The small villages littered around the trail will also give you the wonderful feeling of nostalgia and awe. The trail itself is also well-maintained since the incline is honestly negligible and traveling using the trail is a breeze.
- Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge. For those who are looking for a more natural adventure teeming with life, then you should really visit the Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge. With more than 7000 acres of protected area and a historic lighthouse, your family will definitely enjoy this park. This is also a nesting spot for a lot of migratory birds so if you and your family and friends enjoy bird watching, then a visit here is a must.
Cape Cod Cruises
With its very scenic view, pristine waters and well-developed facilities, Cape Cod cruises are something that has to be experienced at least once in your life. Enjoying your escapade by cruising through the waters here is just one of the many things to do in Cape Cod. Due to its wonderful location, Cape Cod has a lot of wonderful cruise tours to offer.
- Seasonal cruises. There are cruises that specialize in sightseeing the beauty of Cape Cod. Most cruises usually have their own seasons starting from May until October. This also serves as a guided tour where you can hear about the wonderful history surrounding the Cape Cod Canal. This kind of sightseeing tour would be highly recommended for families since kids would really enjoy the sights. It runs for around 2 to 3 hours only. Prices are also very reasonable.
- Private cruises. For those who are looking for a more romantic and scenic experience, you can have a private customized cruise. You can have the ship for yourself or with your loved one up to six hours. This very intimate experience will definitely be etched in your memories. All you have to do is just instruct the captain and you can concentrate on enjoying the trip. This kind of cruise is usually available around 11 A.M. Until 4:30 P.M. that is why it is better that you prepare and book in advance. The sea here is teeming with life, and the view of the sky kissing the sea is just majestic.
Cape Cod is a wonderful place, and whether you are visiting because of the lighthouses or the cruise tours, you can be certain that you will have a vacation that you will remember for the rest of your life.